Thursday, March 8, 2018

A Month of Celebration

March is my birth month and it's also coincidentally, International Women's month. Hence, I'd like to celebrate not just because of my birthday but also because I am at a point of my life where I am bombarded with moments of epiphany and empowerment.

So for this year's Marsobente (my birthday), I want to celebrate my life. I want to celebrate everything I've been through that made me the person that I am right now. I want to celebrate all the things - good or bad, that happened to me. I want to celebrate all the lessons I learned from all the pains and joys that I experienced along the way.

I want to celebrate all the great friends I had and still have. I want to celebrate the new people I met, the ones I crossed paths with again, and the ones I am yet to meet. I want to celebrate the people who lifted me up only to slam me down real hard. I want to celebrate the few genuine people I connected with very easily and very well. I want to celebrate the good men who liked me for who I am but I unfortunately didn't see as someone that can be more than a friend. I want to celebrate the men who made me feel that I wasn't enough and that I am nothing special. I want to celebrate the men who led me on and disappeared on me. I want to celebrate the men I wanted and admired but didn't feel the same way towards me. I want to celebrate the men who backed off because they couldn't handle my strong personality. I want to celebrate the people I hurt unintentionally . I want to celebrate the friends who became my support group during the times that I was at my weakest. I want to celebrate the new friends that I made and the old friends I reconnected with. I also want to celebrate those who were quick to judge me without bothering to ask me for an explanation and ironically still call me their "friend". I want to celebrate the friends who weren't happy for me when great things were finally happening in my life, especially on my career. I want to celebrate the friends who found it satisfying to talk about me behind my back. I want to celebrate the friends who were true and honest to me when it was easier to be otherwise.

I want to celebrate my pain. I want to celebrate the confusion and the uncertainties. I want to celebrate the frustrations and the disappointments. I want to celebrate my broken pieces and what's left of my beating heart. I want to celebrate the doubts, the lies, and the broken trust. I want to celebrate the emotional stress, the tears that I cried, and the sleepless nights. I want to celebrate the moments of realization. I want to celebrate the fact that I was not deserving of the bullshits that people threw my way. I want to celebrate the strength that I didn't know I have that helped me move forward in life. I want to celebrate the blessings that kept pouring in. I want to celebrate all the love that was given to me especially during those times that I was prolly the hardest person to love. I want to celebrate the people who took time to listen and those who had a heart to understand. I want to celebrate the new great things and people in my life. I want to celebrate the new friendships I found and the connections I built. I want to celebrate the ups after all the downs. I want to celebrate the rainbows after the storm that signified that there is still hope. I want to celebrate all the good and kind words that were told to me although until now, I still find it hard to believe.

Most of all, I want to celebrate the new me - the stronger, the wiser, and empowered version of myself. I want to celebrate the person that I have become as a result of all the good and bad things that happened in the past months.

I want to celebrate because my life, no matter how screwed up it is, is worth celebrating. I want to celebrate because I deserve this.


No comments: