Sunday, December 2, 2018

You and I: Of reel and real life

You’re the only person who knows how much I cried when I  watched Miracle in Cell no. 7. You’re the only person who would understand why I never wanted to see this movie again. You were there beside me. You were there hugging me as my heart kept breaking in every scene of the movie. You saw how swollen my eyes were after watching. With my nose so pink and my hair so messy, you said I looked like a kid who lost her candies. Maybe I was because I had no idea a movie can leave you crying even after all its credits have finished rolling up. I was devastated.

And maybe, I was that movie to you. I’m that beautiful movie that you will never forget for the very reason that watching it once is already enough. I am that good movie that you will refuse to see again no matter how good it was because it broke you so bad that the idea of watching it again was not something you would want to do. Because watching it again would mean feeling everything including the pain it once brought you and it's not something you're prepared to experience all over again.

Whilst to me, you will always be the City of Angels -a movie that will always be dear to me. A movie that still leaves me in awe even though I've watched it over and over again. A movie that taught me and all others out there that if sacrificing everything would mean that you’ll get to hold and feel and be with that one person that you love, even just for a moment, then it will always be worth it.

This may be the end of it all - the end of us. But please know that I will always be thankful that I met you. I will always be thankful that we happened. I will always be thankful for all the lessons I've learned during my life with you. I will always be thankful.

We may not have been able to get the ending we hoped and worked for for eight years but maybe this is the ending God has intended for us. 

Thank you. Sorry.
I love you. Goodbye.

No comments: