Monday, June 22, 2009

Friend [?]

WARNING: Forgive me. Don't expect anything rational from this entry.

I don't know how to begin writing about how disappointed and upset I am right now. I don't have a problem with change, really. I don't even find it that hard to adapt to change... except now. See, I KNOW this someone who "used to be" so dear to me. We "used to be" so close. We were such good pals until something happened a year ago. Since then everything changed. Everything was so sudden and I had trouble accepting the fact that everything's different already. The warmth of the friendship turned into coldness. The closeness transformed into a gap; a gap we or should I say, "I" wasn't able to bridge... alone.

I already lost you, one year ago.


I tried to save what's left with the friendship. I thought I can do it alone. I thought my efforts will be enough and so I gave it my best shot. It still didn't work out. Now, I'm finally able to admit to myself that there really was nothing to save because it cannot be saved anymore. Everything just turned too ugly. I don't even know why it took me this long to finally accept this.

This is just so tiring. If you cannot value me the way you did before, or if you can't even act as a friend, then what's the point in trying? I am so tired of reaching out to you. I am just so tired. And so, with this entry, I am saying goodbye to you, to the friendship we had, and to everything about you and me. You are now part of the past. Yes... past. And I'm never looking back.

I rest my case.
GOODNIGHT.

No comments: