Thursday, April 20, 2017

Happy birthday, Mommy!

Here's something I wrote for my mom for her birthday last April 17.

She doesn't look like she's 56 but she is. 

We all think and believe that our mom is the best mom there is because it'll be worse than a crime to say and believe otherwise, right? It's also what the law of God dictates. The fourth commandment clearly says, "Honor thy father and thy mother." Besides, she is the only mother I got which practically doesn't give me any choice. It's not like I grew up under someone else's guidance.

HOWEVER, that isn't really the case. I will tell you my mom is the best because that's a fact. That's THE fact. She really is. I can live one life after the other and if given the chance to choose who I want for a mom, I will choose her over and over and over and over again. Sounds like a cliche but again, that's a fact. That's THE fact. Being a mother, as I've witnessed, is a "tiresome-no-joke-I-want-a-break-but-who-am-I-kidding" kind of job and that is why everyday as I watch my mom do her thing, I still feel amazed with how great she is in being one. Her greatness honestly makes me doubt myself if I can be as great or a better one someday. She set the bar so high that reaching it seems next to impossible.

See, I can rave all day and bombard you all with reasons why I can confidently claim that I have the best mom but Mother's Day isn't until next month so I gotta save some for that. Actually, all I really want is to just greet her because it's her birthday today. Yes, it's her birthday hence it is only fitting to shower her with loving words and compliments that are based on facts of course, isn't it? *wink*

To my beautiful mom, happy, happy birthday! You're another year wiser and stronger and you should be proud, Mama. You've endured a lot. You may not be able to do most of the things that you want to do for yourself because you keep doing things for us and because we take a lot of your time and I admit we are oftentimes a pain in the *ss but please know that you are always appreciated and that none of your efforts and sacrifices ever goes unnoticed. We love you so much, Mama. Thank you for everything. Ikaw yung birthday celebrator but it was us, since the day you married dad, that was given the greatest gift - YOU!

Again, happy birthday and I hope you had a great time today because you deserve nothing but the best of everything. Love you so much and I'll see you soon!

                                                                                       ###

I love my mother so much and I can't imagine not needing her in this lifetime ever. My mom deserves more than well-stitched loving words and I may not be the perfect daughter but I am trying my best to make her feel loved every chance I get. My mom is the best. She really is. 

No comments: