Friday, April 7, 2017

I'm 31. So what?

Why do some people make it seem like still having high standards at my age is something that is not good to have? I have limited time, maybe but does that mean I have limited choices as well? "Your market value decreases as you age." Market? Value? wtf. Then if that's the case, I'm a wine. I get better with age and time. So, LEAVE. ME. ALONE.

I do understand that there's a conception-related risk involved here like I may not have a baby or it may be difficult to have one. Needless to say but it's obviously the risk I am willing to take. I know a lot of people who have been married before their 30s but still hasn't conceived yet. Not to mention that I also have female friends who are not married but already have kid/s. Point is, if you're meant to have a child, you will have one. Neither civil status nor age can hold bearing to that. Maybe it just increases the probability of it happening but that's beside the point.

I don't want to settle just because I am worried about my eggs or just because I don't want to be alone for the rest of my life. I admit, I still dream of walking down the aisle, changing my surname, getting pregnant, being called mama, and all those stuff but I refuse to settle just to have that. We're talking about lifetime commitment here and frankly, after all my failed and "almost" relationships, I am scared to make the mistake of settling for the sake of settling. If you get what I mean.

These are my eggs and this is my life and it's no one else's effin' business.

No comments: