Friday, September 10, 2010

Hyperactive mind.

Most times we plague ourselves with questions that we know we cannot answer; or at least, not right away. I'd like to think that we all have this tendency to make things hard for ourselves. We complicate things. Come to think of it, had we chosen to care less about the things that bother us, we wouldn't be suffering lack of peace of mind. But because we have a mind and heart and because we know how to use it, we always choose to do otherwise. We always end up forming theories in our mind that we know we are bound to debunk. We debate with ourselves. We try to figure and unravel things out even though we know that we are most likely to fail than to succeed. We always end up recognizing the slim possibility of successfully making sense of everything; failing to recognize the fact that if there's a possibility that we will, there's a greater possibility that we won't. It's just the way it is.

Peace of mind and piece of mind do not really go along pretty well, at least for me. I suck at thinking. I always overthink things and I can't seem to get a hold of it. It's too early to feel tired but my mind already is.

Maybe I can go back to my sleep now.




No comments: