Saturday, April 23, 2011

I am 25.

When you get to "THE" stage of your life where you, sooner or later, would be altar-bound, your priorities, goals, perspective, and lifestyle change. Everything changes. At least for me.

Growing up + Feeling grown up = Another (higher) level of maturity


When I was younger, I thought the perfect life plan is to get married at age 24 and have a baby at 25. That was the kind of life schedule (if I should call it that) my mom had so I wanted my life to happen that way too. But I realized, it's really not something that can be scheduled or planned.

So here's the thing, I am 25. Not yet married, not even engaged, and (fortunately) not yet a mom. In short, the life plan I constructed for myself was more like just some random note doodled on a scratch paper out of boredom that should go directly to the trash bin and be recycled. But hey, I do not feel any remorse about this. I'm happy the way my life turned out to be. I am young. I have a loving boyfriend, a stable job, and lots of good friends. I am living a pretty much happy life.

Last night, I got myself to thinking and it has dawned on me how I've matured and changed over the years. From thinking about booze and monopoly nights with friends, taking a leave at work for a dance gig, random movie nights, and the like, I now think of saving up for the future, taking up masters degree, job promotion, marriage and family. Wow, things are really different now. I am still the same person though, only with different priorities. Different goals.

I am at a point in my life where:
Boyfriend comes first before family.
Work before leisure.
Church before play.

I don't mean this is in any negative way. We were taught that family should always come first and that was what I was taught too but things are different now. I am now building a life of my own. A life that only I can make or break and it's not like I love my family any less. I love them just as much, prolly even more. Thing is, I like to build with my boyfriend a relationship as deep as I have with my family because I know someday, he will be my family. We will be each other's family.

Life is never simple nor easy. It's not like a movie where you write the script and everything just falls accordingly. It can change faster than a snap. It's your response to the changes that determines how your life will go. It's your life... live it. Just some tip though, if you think you've had it all figured out, you haven't. *naughty grin*


No comments: