Saturday, October 8, 2011

Bonchon: The best chicken in America

I don’t know about the tagline since I haven’t been anywhere outside Asia ever. I know little about Bonchon Chicken. I’ve only heard of it in Facebook because some of my friends would post statuses about how delicious the said chicken is. So, much to my intrigue, when I saw this in Shangri-La last week, I told Boyfriend that I want to eat there so we did.

I ordered 2-pc Drumsticks marinated with Soy-garlic while boyfriend had Porkchop. The food tasted great. The Porkchop was yummier though. My friends were right, Bonchon Chicken is indeed delicious. A bit pricey (145 PhP) for the size of the chicken though but for the taste, it’s A-okay!

Service at Bonchon was tad bit disappointing. Lucky them their food compensated for the bad service. We ate there at around 2:30pm and paid them 500 bucks. Our total bill amounted to 305 PhP but I had to wait a few more minutes (15-20) to get my change. It’s not like the place had few customers; it was actually jam-packed so why the heck would they have trouble in giving out changes, right? Right! Plus, their cashiers really seemed inexperienced.

While we were at the counter, one of the service crew (SC) took the initiative of finding a table for us. It was really, really nice of him to do that. However, when we got to the table, it was still dirty. There were water spillage, drops of sauce, and other what not on the table. We had to ask another SC to clean our table. Not only that, while we were eating, the table beside us got vacant so expectedly, an SC cleaned the table and he accidentally spilled the glass of water on our side of the table. Lucky him, Antonio didn’t get wet at all. Whew!

Bonchon *burp*

So to sum this up,
Bonchon Chicken= great food=bad service

No comments: