Sunday, April 3, 2016

thirty and single.

If you expect to read about the details of my breakup, spare yourself from disappointment and stop reading. 

****

Is it too late to pursue my dreams?
Is it too late to learn to drive?
Is is too late to focus on my career?
Is it too late now to be single?

These are the questions I've been asking myself the past few months. I don't know what will happen to me in the next days, weeks, years. The only thing I know now is that it's about time to give myself priority... A chance for self-worth and self-importance. I choose me. I may be late on everything but I just tap myself on my shoulder and say "Buhay ka pa. Go lang ng go."

If you've been reading my entries, then you already know that I'm really not good with lists. Nevertheless, I made one recently and it consists of all the activities I've been meaning to do. I figured that since I have more time now, it'd be a great idea to finally do all those things one by one alone or with friends. Not that my previous relationship was a hindrance, it's really not that. I don't know exactly why I never pushed those plans or why I keep postponing it. It's not like it included Skydiving, or travelling overseas, or other extravagant ideas one would usually include on a bucket list. Mine were as simple as enjoying the cold breeze of Baguio alone or just sit by the seaside with friends talking about anything and everything.

It's been just days since my breakup and I'm trying to figure out myself. The post-breakup version of me, rather. I feel lost and I know that this is normal. I know that this is just a phase. I know that this too shall pass. I know. I just know.

I am thirty and I am single. yikes.




No comments: