Thursday, April 21, 2016

throwback thursday

I'm trying to look back to my childhood, when everything was so simple, when getting good grades was all that mattered, when the most painful thing I experienced were the wounds I got from horseplaying with friends. I am looking back to the times when the only thing I thought of was myself. 

I'm trying to look back to the times when we were nothing but happy and sweet, when everything was so placid and seemed promising. I am looking back to those days. I want to go back to those days. I want to go back to the time when  everything between us was so simple. I want to. Only if I can but I can't. 

So here's to going back to the memories of us, the memories of a thing that was... the traces of a garden that was once beautiful. The memories of you. My memories of you.

Here's a throwback to the time when we were happy together. A throwback to the time when you said you will never be gone. A throwback to the time you kissed me. A throwback to the time you hugged me. A throwback to the time you held me. A throwback to the first time you touched my cheek. A throwback to the time you  planned beautiful things for us. A throwback to the time I started falling. A throwback to something that's still happening. Because I'm still falling. Free falling. Helplessly falling. And I know, I will never hit the ground.

So here's a final throwback to the time that I was full of high hopes. A final throwback to the time I was still sane.  A final throwback to the time I decided to stop chasing you, which was now.

This, now, is really nothing but a throwback. All because it's fucking Thursday. I hate Thursdays. 

No comments: