Monday, March 3, 2008

my asap '08 experience =]

Generally, I wasn't satisfied with the show. I mean, the show was great, the perormances were very good... I was just kind of feeling upset kasi I've always wanted to see ASAP live to be able to watch "The Champions." Ayun eh... muntik ko na silang hindi makita, they were on tour pala. Sadness.

We were one of the VIP's so kahit medyo mahaba na ung line when we got there, sa unahan pa rin ng pila ang bagsak namin. :D the marshals explained it to the people who reacted. I heard the marshals say, "VIP ho kasi sila". Ang sarap lang eh. Haha. Since we had the opportunity to pick the seats first, I decided to sit sa tabi ng runway. At first, I was torned between the seats sa tabi ng runway and sa seats in front of the circular mini-stage at the end of the runway. Obviously, I picked the ones in the side kasi I remembered na hindi naman nagtatagal yung mga artista sa circular thing-y na yun eh. So if I sat there, in general, malayo ang view namin. Haha, may ganun talagang analysis. :D When we got in the studio, I was stunned to see how small it is. I thought super laki ng place kasi that's how it looks on TV eh. Pero hindi, as in parang half or a little over half lang siya ng basketball court. :D

The floor director briefed us about what to do and what not to do during on air. One of the things that I can recall about sa mga bawal ay yung pag-take ng pictures while the show is on air pero shempre, when the show started, puro digicams and handycams ang nakita ko sa audience so I decided to take some pics also. Hehe. Mga pinoy talaga pasaway. Then during breaaks, umiingay sa studio kasi people were shouting the names of the artistas for some pictures and again, nakigaya naman daw ako. Haha.


During breaks, we can see the artistas doing their thing - practicing their spiels, kulitan with each other, how they were guarded by the marshals and how their PA's follow them around while carrying some of their stuff. Yung iba nakakatuwa while yung iba, nakakadismaya. Here's my observations:

Anne Curtis - super ganda niya pala talaga in person, as in! And ang kulit kulit niya on set. She kept singing for the audience para lang walang dead air then makikipag-usap siya and nagpapa-take ng pics. She's one of the artistas that I liked the most that day kasi super approachable and maloko.

Bea Alonzo - she's not chubby AT ALL. She looks the same both in TV and in person. I mean, readily recognizable yung mukha niya unlike Vina Morales.

Vina Morales - At first, I didn't like her kasi she wasn't that appealing anymore. Ohwell, maybe factor din yung ang tagal ko na siyang nakikita sa TV but noooooo. When I saw her on set, I was starstrucked. She's sooooo gorgeous pala. Ang liit lang ng face and super mukhang sophisticated. She's also friendly but Anne's still the friendliest among the girls.

Vhong Navarro - He was the friendliest performer. Para siyang standup comedian. Haha. I remembered he asked, "Neg-eenjoy ba kayo?" then shempre we shouted Yes. Then he asked "Sino dito ang laging nanonood ng SOP?" Then some raised their hands kasi they thought Vhong said ASAP. Then we all laughed. He was so funny.

Toni Gonzaga - She's not that pretty compared to the others pero I don't know.. There's something with her aura that doesn't make her look unpretty kahit itabi mo sa magaganda. She's really smart-looking. She moves elegantly, parang beauty queen. Seryoso. She wasn't as friendly as Anne but when she hears her name, nagssmile naman siya and nagpapapicture. Hindi siya makulit.

Piolo Pascual - Isa lang ang nasabi ko, "Sayang kasi he's a bisexual" Ang gwapo kaya niya, as in. Kagigil lang eh.

Sam Milby - Shytype. He wasn't as starstruck-ing as before. Always busy reading and practicing his spiels.

Luis Manzano - Nakakairita. Magaling siya magbingi-bingihan. That's all.

Maja Salvador - I'm beginning to think that she really has an attitude problem. Totoo ata yung chismis, after all.

Gary Valenciano - During breaks, I saw in him the effort to entertain the audience especially the older ones like my lola, for example. Makikipagusap siya and magtatanong if everybody's enjoying... tamang friendly lang.

Kim Chu - She's very charming. Baby-faced-dimpled-chic na parang doll. Parang siya yung baby sa set that day kasi everytime she comes sa studio, the artistas will always say, "aaaaawww.. you're sooo cute Kim." or "Loook at Kim, she's soooo cute" Their tone's pretty much like how one would talk upon seeing a cute baby.

Shaina, Iya and Nikki Gil - They're all prettier in person. At kumusta naman ang legs ni Shaina, parang walang tuhod, pantay ang kulay. Hehe. Anyway, as I was saying, they're all prettier in person plus they're also super kulit. Yun nga lang, sila-sila lang ang nagkukulitan. Unlike Anne na nakikipagkulitan sa audience. But that's okay.

Haaaaay... sayang talaga, the champions weren't there. Wrong timing yung punta ko. And oh by the way, the Coverboys were soooooooo steaming hot. :D

No comments: