Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It hurts. Yes, it still does.

My friend once wrote an entry on her page about her past, regrets, and bitterness. I remember commenting in her entry because I loved the last line. She wrote, "I am forgiven." It's a huge thing to do... Forgiving yourself for all the things that you wish didn't happen, for all the things you wish you didn't do, for all the things you wish you did but didn't, for all the things that happened that you wish you could take back but cannot. I wish I can say that line too. I wish I can write that here too.

Everytime I look back, there's still that definite pain in remembering everything. As much as I wanna let go of it, I cannot.

How are we supposed to forgive ourselves?
Teach me.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

hay naku mars..

i'm very bold to write it.. but deep inside when silence enveloped me unwanted thoughts keep barging in, it's still painful... it's something we cannot "really" forget..

i am forgiven, yet we can't change the past, if it hurts before.. it will still hurt now...

hope you'll be able to say you've forgiven yourself too... even thought you didn't mean half of it...

just set your mind into it until you can forgive yourself completely...

=)

Z said...

hay mare... it's always easier said than done. diba? di ko alam kung pano. at least ikaw may progress na.. di man totally recovered, at least nasa healing process na. ako i am recovering pero i still haven't forgiven myself yet. i don't know how.