Tuesday, April 27, 2010

...of silver and love.

In a few hours it'd be my mom and dad's Silver wedding anniversary. Awww.. How time flies. I can still remember when I or we thought that they aren't going to make it this far. Well, everybody go through tough times. Sabi nga, the wisdom we gained via experiences, we owe to the sad/bad/tough/whatever-you-wanna-call-it times, right? :) And now, here they are, at home, fighting sleepiness just to kiss and greet each other at exactly midnight. Oh I'm singing... "25 years of my life and still trying to get that great big deal of hope.. lalala ♪♫" WAHAHAHA. Kiddin'. How about "Endless Love" for the added cheesiness and extra drama, eh?

I am so proud of and happy for mom and dad for getting this far. Their marriage may not be perfect (whose is, anyway?) but see, they still stuck around and soldiered on and will, in a few hours, celebrate 25 fruitful years of togetherness. This somehow makes me want to believe (again) that it's worth it to risk being cut open for a promising prize that we all call "forever".



Someday, I wanna be able to have this same experience. I wanna be able to enjoy that great feeling of sharing 25 years of marriage with someone and be able to look back and laugh at myself 25 years ago when I doubted love. This is indeed a moment to be merry. I just wish I had ample time to prepare a sweeter surprise/gift. And oh, how I wish I can reveal the surprise on time for their anniversary; but unfortunately, the surprise has to wait until mid of May. Dang! Better late than never, I always say (as an exuse.. errr!).


I love my parents.
I love silver.
I love love.


CHEERS TO THE GOOD LIFE!!


No comments: