Thursday, February 7, 2008

on Ash Wednesday..

Father, as in the priest, was 30 minutes late for the mass. While waiting, I watched as my mentally challenged admirer kept clanging the bell to let the whole village know that the mass will soon start. When almost all the homeowners were already there, starting to get bored, it looked as though the bell was clanging for father, the priest. Then finally, he arrived.

It's Ash Wednesday so I'm pretty sure that the homily would be about it. And when it came to that part of the mass, I made sure that I'm all eyes and ears on father. Finally, in my almost 22 years of existence, I finally had a clear idea of what Ash Wednesday is all about. According to father, Ash Wednesday is the first day of the Catholic's 40 days of fasting and abstinence. Yun daw yung simula ng 40 days na pagbabalik loob kay Papa God. So parang Ramadan din pala yung concept, only that, it's more lenient. Congratulations to me. *Lol.

One more thing I know about Ash Wednesday that I wasn't able
to mention in my previous post is that, it's like the day for the vegetables and seafoods because there's no meat allowed. Korny!

I still have some things to share about today but my eyes are already heavy so I'd just talk about it some other time... hopefully, tomorrow. The gist is, I thought the day (Feb 6) would be a bore but it turned out to be otherwise. Imma tell about it next time.

Have you seen my bed?




No comments: