Wednesday, February 6, 2008

three-in-one.

Today is no ordinary day, at least for me and some Chinese and Catholic people out there. Imagine three events-slash-celebrations coincidentally compressed in one day. Ironic as it is, in spite of this, I'm not sure about how the day will go. Haven't made any plans at all and I don't know if my mom did some of her own but one thing's for sure, there's no way I'd be missing the mass today. Hmmm.. my day sure sounds busy but I don't think it is after all for a couple of reasons.


ASH WEDNESDAY

I'm not sure if "celebration" is the appropriate term for this. It's a shame but i gotta admit, I'm not even sure what's it exactly. So I really can't tell whether or not it's a celebration or whateva. All I know is that to attend the (watch out for tongue twisters) mass is a must. Now it got me to thinking why all these years, I haven't thought of asking my mom about Ash Wednesday. Lemme try later.


CHINESE NEW YEAR
Yes. It's already February according to the ever-reliable Gregorian Calendar but the Chinese community's new year is just about to begin. Oh well, what can I say, we (Chinese)
, love to deal with things on our own. Thus our own new year. Peace.

I have no idea on what our clan's plan for today or if there really is one. I don't recall my m
om discussing something about it to me, which is pretty unusual. The only thing I'm sure of is that we'd be sticking to the default - the paisin. It's like a ritual. We do it to honor our loved ones who already passed away.


50th GOLDEN MONTHSARY ♥
This is the biggest celebration of the day, at least for me and for Erik. *smile

It's already been four long years and two months since we realized that God wants us to be together. 50 months sure sounds long but for Erik and I, it's not. We still have a long way to go and hopefully, a lifetime ahead of us. Fifty months is just a small fraction of the time we are destined to spend together.

Pardon me for being proud coz for this matter, I admit I am. Ang cute lang kasi na naisip namin yung concept of Golden Monthsary... parang Golden Wedding A
nniversary lang eh. It still hasn't sinked in to me yet that we were able to come up with such a cute concept. Ambabaw ko, I know. Nakakatuwa lang kasi.

Since we haven't recovered yet from our splurge-almost-all-our-ipon fourth
anniversary celebration, I'm not quite sure what will our Golden monthsary celebration be like. Hay nakooo kahit pa dvd marathon lang yan or kahit Nips at Cloud 9 lang ang foodang namin, I'm sure we can still make it a one heck of a celebration. Ipupusta ko buhay ko... this would be one of our most memorable and happiest celebrations.







No comments: