Sunday, February 17, 2008

..on doodling and writing

I know I still haven't posted the continuation of my Feb Fair Diary. Been busy. Duh. It's finished though. Naka-save nga lang sa PC. Anyway, I should be sleeping already coz I only have few hours left for sleep. Will be leaving around 3am so we'll be in Elbi in time for Erik's 7am class. But see, pasaway talaga ako eh. Am I to be blamed if my urge to blog often catches me in a wrong time? Wala lang. Biglang nangati ang hands ko to type.

Story. Went to SM kanina with Erik. We watched Jumper and bought gift wrappers for his uber-late-as-in-long-overdue Christmas gifts for my family. Antamad kasi niya umuwi sa kanila eh. By the way, ang astig lang ng Jumper, as in. You should check it out. As I was saying, we were at the mall kanina then as I was paying for the stuff we bought, I came across this stack of booklets and some scratch pads and I can't help but buy one of those kahit na wala naman akong pagagagamitan pa sa ngayon. What can I do... I'm used to buying small notebooks coz I make them my doodlepad and I've been doing that since I was in grade school. I have lotsa notebooks-slash-doodlepads full of stick figures kasi yun lang naman ang alam ko i-draw, names of my crushes, my wishlists, quotes from movies, my attempts on poetry, my things to do, my original essays-slash-composition, and the like. That's what keeps me awake every time my eyes feels heavy during classes. Though most of the time, talagang nasa mood lang ako magsulat. Hehe.

I can still remember when I was in highschool, nagkukunwari lang ako na nagnonotes kasi tamad ako mag-kopya from the blackboard. So what I do, I keep myself busy doodling on my doodlepad or on the back of my notebooks. And now, kahit my student days are already over, I still can't get rid of the habit. Maaksaya ako sa puno, I know. I have like more or less 10 notebooks na puno ng thoughts ko simula nung grade school ako up to now. And once in awhile, binabalik-balikan ko yung mga notebooks na yun and natatawa ako sa mga pinagsusulat ko. Ang sarap balikan ng mga memories. Diba? Nakikita ko yung pag-mature ko sa bawat notebook na napuno ko ng thoughts ko. It's pretty amazing, really.

Now, meron nanaman akong pupunuin. Dagdag nanaman sa koleksyon ko. Kaya tayo na't mag-doodle guys!

It's fun and it takes the bore out in 60 seconds. Toink!


2 comments:

Andrea said...

wahaha.. same here mare.. lil noetbooks got tons of them even pens.. hehehe apir.. :)

Z said...

yeah mare.. alam mo naman ako, nagpupumilit maging writer. :D