Saturday, February 23, 2008

wanted: " o r i g i n a l i t y "

"Lemme" start this with "gaya gaya puto-maya, paglaki buwaya!!" Hoho! Wala lang. I'm really not a fan of idolizing someone to the point that you start to imitate the person in whatever friggin' way. I don't know why. Ayoko talaga sa mga taong gaya-gaya, especially if ako yung ginagaya. Sure some would say na nagfifeeling lang ako but I'd love to disagree with that. Hehe, antaray lang eh. Let's just say, I have my basis and I can prove it. And besides, it's easy to see if a person's imitating you, your style, or whatever. It's really flattering and annoying all at the same breath, at least for me.

I came across this blog kasi and I noticed na his/her style of writing changed. Bigla naging kaparehas ng sa akin, kumusta naman yun diba? Yes it's flattering but like I said, I also find it annoying. On a personal note, ang tingin ko sa mga taong gumagaya ay "parasite". They let others find their own style or think of their own crap then pag magustuhan nila, they'd adapt it and make it appear as if it's their original stuff. Duh.

In fairness naman din, I'll admit that my style (in general) isn't all original in the sense na hindi ko yun na-derive from scratch. Pero hindi ko rin naman siya ginaya. If there's one thing I really enjoy doing, it's people-watching. Then from there, I let the people around me influence me.. yun, pero hindi yung gagayahin ko sila. You mix their style with your own, parang ganun. You create your own hybrid.

Para lang yan sa dance eh, you do your own choreography. Copying other's choreo and publicizing it as if it was your own is a big no-no. Biters ang tawag dun and sa dance community, they don't get any respect irregardless of how good they are. Sabi nga ng isang choreographer, Be the extension of the vision and not of the choreography... basta something like that.

Life nga naman. I didn't think na pati sa pagsusulat, may pamba-BITE din na nangyayari. Anyway, to sum this up, I hate parasites who benefit from other's creative juices. Di naman obvious noh?

No comments: